Professor on Pharmaceutical Analysis,
China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, 210009, China
Dr. Yuzhu Hu is a professor of pharmaceutical analysis at China Pharmaceutical University. She got her B.S. on Chemistry from Beijing University in 1970, M.S. on Pharmacy from China Pharmaceutical University in 1981 and Ph.D. on Pharmacy from Free University of Brussels, Belgium, in 1989.
In 1991, she has been appointed the dean of Department of Analytical Chemistry of China Pharmaceutical University. Meanwhile, she has been teaching several courses and leading a research group composed of more than 10 teacher/researchers and graduate students. She is also one of the Experts of New Medicines of the State Drug Associations, as well as a member of the Editorial Board of Journal of China Pharmaceutical University and Journal of Chinese Pharmacy..
Her main research field is focused on Hyphenated techniques in pharmacy, Chemometrics, the separation technology and the quality control of drugs. The researches of four subjects were supported by National Science Foundation of China or National Pharmaceutical Committee. She attended international academic conferences on analytical chemistry or pharmaceutical analysis almost every year , as well as visiting professor went to USA, Belgium, Japan, Spain and Italy for academic visit for several times.
Selected Publications （only in 2005－2008）
(1) Yunqing Wang, Chao Ye, Zhenghui Zhu, Yuzhu Hu*. Cadmium telluride quantum dots as pH sensitive probes for tiopronin determination, Anal Chim Acta. 2008,610(1)50-56.
(2) Jufang Xu, Yihua Zhang , Yuzhu Hu *, Isolation and structure elucidation of the major photodegradation products of seratrodast. J Pharm Biomed Anal, 2008, 48(1)78-84
(3) Xiaoying Yin,Weifeng Yao, and Yuzhu Hu*. Optimization of Gradient Separation for Chromatographic Fingerprint of Herbal Medicine: A Predictive Model Combined with Grid Search J Chromat Sci, 2008: 46:722-729
(4) Haiyan Chen, Yunqing Wang, Jing Xu, Jinzi Ji, Jian Zhang, Yuzhu Hu*, Yueqing Gu*,, Non-invasive near infrared fluorescence imaging of CdHgTe quantum dots in mouse model. J Fluores。2008： 18(5) 801-811.
(5) Haiyan Chen, Jian Zhang, Zhiyu Qian, Fei Liu, Xinyang Chen, Yuzhu Hu,Yueqing Gu. In vivo non-invasive optical imaging of temperature sensitive co-polymeric nanohydrogel. Nanotechnology. 2008:19: 185707(10).
(6) Haiyan Chen, Yueqing Gu, Yuzhu Hu *,. Comparison of two polymeric carrier formulations for controlled release of hydrophilic and hydrophobic drugs. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2008,19:651-658.
(7) Yunqing Wang, Haiyan Chen, Chao Ye, Yuzhu Hu*. Synthesis and characterization of CdTe quantum dots embedded gelatin nanoparticles via a two-step desolvation method, Mater Lett. 2008: 62(19)3382-3384.
(8) Haiyan Chen, Yueqing Gu, Yuzhu Hu, Zhiyu Qian. Characterization of pH- and temperature-sensitive hydrogel nanoparticles for controlled drug release. PDA J Pharm Sci Technol. 2007, 61(4)303-13.
(9) Hongmei Li, Yunqing Wang, Zhengyu Yan, Huipeng Feng, Yuzhu Hu*. Proton transfer of magnolol in ground and excited states, J Photochem. Photobiol. A 2007, 168: 202-211.
(10) Hongmei Li, Yuzhu Hu*. Spectroscopic investigation of inner filter effect by magnolol solutions. Spectrochimica Acta A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2007,68:1263-1268
(11) Yanting Li, Cuihong Song, Yunqing Wang, Yu Wei, Yongju Wei, Yuzhu Hu*. High photoluminescence quantum yield of TiO2 nanocrystals prepared using alcohothermal method. Luminescence, 2007, 22: 540-545.
(12) Yanting Li, Cuihong Song, Yuzhu Hu, Yu Wei. Facile template-free alcohothermal route to synthesize hollow TiO 2 microspheres with nanocrystal grain structure . Chemistry Lettes.2006:35(12)1344-1345.
(13) Rong Chen, Xuefang Luo, Xin Di, Ying Li, Yuqing Sun, Yuzhu Hu*. Single-based resolution for oligodeoxynucleotides and their phosphorothioate modifications by non-gel capillary electrophoresis. J.Chromatogr. B., 2006, 843: 334-338.
(14) Rong Chen, Huaizhong Guo, Yuwan Shen, Yuzhu Hu*，Yuqing Sun*. Determination of EOF of PMMA microfluidic chip by indirect laser-induced fluorescence detection. Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical, 2006, 114: 1100-1107.
(15) Ji, YB., Alaerts, G., Xu, C.-J., Hu YZ., Vander Heyden, Y. Sequential uniform designs for fingerprints development of Ginkgo biloba extracts by capillary electrophoresis J Chromatogr A 2006: 1128 (1-2) 273-281
(16) Weifeng Yao, Xiaoying Yin, Yuzhu Hu*. A new algorithm of piecewise automated beam search for peak alignment of chromatographic fingerprints, J Chromatogr A, 2007, 1160:254-262.
(17) Luo Xuefang, Chen Rong, Fu Jingjing, Hu Yuzhu*. Analysis of 3′, 5′ Reversed-Sequence Oligonucleotide Isomers by Reversed-Phase Ion-Pair Chromatography. Chinese J Chromatogr. 2007, 25(6):814-819. (Science Direct http://www.sciencedirect. com/science/journal /18722059)
(18) Hongmei Li, Yunqing Wang, Yuzhu Hu*. Spectrometric determination of detergency of laundry detergents using sudan red IV as label. Tenside Surfactants Detergents, 2006, 43(6): 295-298.
(19) Weifeng Yao, Luo Xuefang, Yuzhu Hu*. Determination of amantadines sulfate in sodium chloride injection by capillary gas chromatography. PDA J. Pharm. Sci. Techno., 2006, 138-143.
(20) Yuzhu Hu*, Weiyang Shen, Weifeng Yao, D.L. Massart. Using singular value ratio for resolving peaks in HPLC-DAD data sets. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, 2005, 77: 97-103.
(21) Yan Liang, Lin Xie, Xiaodong Liu, Tong Lu, Guangji Wang, Yuzhu Hu*. Determination of limonin in rat plasma by liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 2005, 39(5): 1031-1035.
(22) Liang, Y., Xie, L., Liu, X.D., Hu YZ., Lu, T., Wang, G.J. Gender differences in limonin pharmacokinetics in rats. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokin 2005:30 (4) 243-248
(23) Ji, YB., Xu, QS., Hu YZ., Vander H, Development, optimization and validation of a fingerprint of Ginkgo biloba extracts by high-performance liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2005:1066 (1-2)97-104